31 January 2013

January Glymm Unboxing/Review

Hi Lovelies!

I received my Glymm Box this morning and it was a little delayed on Glymm's end due to shipment issues, I should have received it about a week ago. It's okay though, as long as I got it! Just a bit of a warning, this blog post is going to be very picture heavy!

Before even opening my box, I was a little disappointed because the box was incredibly light and I knew right then that the samples were going to be small. The picture below is how the box is received, with my address edited out of course!






Glymm now uses these cute little bags instead of the boxes most BSS's use. I applaud them for being environmentally friendly - minus the outside box of course. 


The products I received in my Glymm are in the picture above and I will list them below with their sample sizes (if available) and their full size cost.

LA Fresh Travel-Lite Facial Cleansing Wipe



First off, I have received the LA Fresh samples on numerous occasions and I did not at all like the waterproof makeup wipes as they were incredibly too greasy. It's a little disappointing to keep receiving samples of a brand that you don't like. These are individually wrapped travel wipes and a pouch comes with 3 and they are $3.00

On the package it says: Perfect for jetsetters, go-getters, outdoor enthusiasts and multi-taskers everywhere.

First Impression: I don't travel all that much at this moment as I'm in school and much too busy. I will, however, be making a few trips to the west coast later this year. Having said that, I do see the appeal in the convenience of individually packaged makeup wipes if you happen to just need one. Maybe you're one of those people who likes to take their makeup off when you get on a plane - in that case, you really only need one and carrying around a whole pack of makeup wipes might not be suitable. However, if I'm traveling and I'm going to be staying somewhere for a longer period of time (week or more - and usually that's the case) the appeal for individually wrapped makeup wipes is gone, especially if I'm paying $3.00 for 3 packets. I am always on the go with class and work, but I'm always on the go....at home, where I live. It's not likely that even if I like the product, that I will repurchase because it's just not plausible for me right now.

One pro for this product right off the bat though, it's environmentally friendly!

Burt's Bees Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion



I am not really such a huge fan of Burt`s Bees products. I like the fact that they are natural products, but I have never really had that amazing feeling with their products. However, I am always looking for a new lotion...'cause it's winter, and freezing and my skin hates that.

The downfall, the sample size is .25 oz which is not at all considered a "deluxe" sample. This sample would barely cover my leg.  No cost was listed for this item.

Coolway Boost Serum


This innovative hair serum restores and repairs when activated by low heat from styling, giving professional results.

How it works: Cleanse your hair with shampoo and then apply at least 3 teaspoons.  Work evenly throughout hair. Leave in for 4 minutes to allow effective results.  Rinse off with warm water, towel dry hair and blow dry.  For smooth results, use a comb or brush to help smoouth your hair with your blow dryer.  Wait at least 3 days between Boost applications.  Boost infuses moisture into your hair and locks it in wiht a unique blend of Silk Proteins and Botanical Extracts.

The sample size for this product is 1 oz which is just a bit smaller than a travel size. A full size product is 9 oz and is $40.00.

This is the ONLY product that I consider to be a "deluxe" sample in this months box.

360 Skincare DMAE Firming Serum

Transform your skin from dull, dreary and mundane to vibrant, youthful and radiant.

This sample is .20 oz. and comes in a little jar, about the same size you receive when you request a sample from a MAC counter...for free.

The full size product is 1 oz and the cost is $34.00.

I'm not sure why I received this product, I am 24 years old and for the life of me can't figure out why they would send me a firming serum.

Lashem Double Trouble Mascara


This is probably one of the most disappointing samples I have received thus far. First of all, the entire mascara is about an inch and a half.

Second, the wand is about 1 cm long and the mascara is completely dried up.

There is no size on the sample product, but the full size is $20.00 for 6 mL of product.

Overall

I am not at all impressed with Glymm at the moment. Their boxes have been getting worse as the months go on and the samples are getting smaller in size. The samples I received this month are maybe 1 or 2 uses which is really upsetting and I have been receiving a lot of duplicates.

I have been subscribing to Glymm for just about a year now and sadly, I think I'm getting to the end of my subscription - by choice.

I receive Topbox as well and the brands are better and the sample sizes are larger, and it's cheaper.

Glymm has recently made an adjustment to their subscription price from $12/month to $15/month but I'm not sure if I want to keep my subscription to see how it turns out.

Does anyone else subscribe to Glymm? Do you like your subscription so far? What do you think?

xx Rae


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home