22 August 2013

Nivea Mattifying Day Care Review | Mattifying Moisturizers for Oily Skin


An image of Nivea Aqua Effects Mattifying Moisturizer

I came across Nivea Mattifying Day Care Moisturizer while I was travelling and working at another location and really contemplated this product. I generally don't use many drug store skincare or moisturizers, but this one caught my attention.  My first choice was La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat, but I wanted to try a few other mattifying moisturizers before.

I really don't know what's worse..oily skin or dry skin. I imagine that both are pretty difficult at dealing with and there is no certain way of dealing with either.  Some products work for some and not others. This, however, is just life. On this blog, in different seasons..you will see products for both as my skin is just like the weather, and is the polar opposite during different seasons. My skin is never just one type. Whose is, really?

Just as I have to find foundations that work WITH my skin and not against it, I have to find skincare that does the same, and that's a pretty difficult feat for me.

Mattifying day care was $9.99 here in Canada and is 50 mL of product. For using a pea sized amount on a daily basis, this moisturizer should last quite a while. It's made specifically for those with combination to oily skin and is suppose to moisturize and control shine.

An image of Nivea Aqua Effects Mattifying Moisturizer

Anyone with a sensitivity to fragrance, should stay MILES, STATES...EARTHS, away from this product. It has a very strong fragrance when you put it on and sometimes it even makes my eyes water. I am not a big fan of fragrance in my skincare products and 99% of the products I use, have no fragrance at all.

This product is part of Nivea's Aqua Effect line and that's what it feels like going on, water. It's so smooth going on and absorbs quickly into the skin. If I use the correct amount (a pea size, this goes for all moisturizers) then it doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky or greasy, but if too much is used it will leave a greasy feeling.

An image of Nivea Aqua Effects Mattifying Moisturizer


This product is oil-free, and hasn't seemed to break me out (bonus!). I have been using it for about month now and have had no breaks that I would connect with this product. It has somewhat reduced my oiliness during the day but unfortunately, not by any significant amount. It is very warm here and my oily skin is the worst in the summer, so I may have found a product that works much better in the winter/colder months than in the warmer months. I don't really have dry skin in the warmer months, so I can't attest to how well this moisturizes. When the weather changes and my skin changes, I will review this product again and see how it holds up in the colder months!

Have a beautiful day! :)





Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home